Veteran Contributor Level 2

Re: re-clading works stop?

Postby spring18sonia » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:20 pm

Waltonwatcher wrote:Still going ahead.

if the re-cladding is still continuing, why is there nothing happen? :?:
spring18sonia

Postby Waltonwatcher » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:39 pm

There are meetings scheduled that these kind of questions can be asked at. The fire at Grenfell has slowed process but I don't anticipate by that much. Better safe than sorry by rushing into the project.
Waltonwatcher

Postby spring18sonia » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:14 pm

Waltonwatcher wrote:There are meetings scheduled that these kind of questions can be asked at. The fire at Grenfell has slowed process but I don't anticipate by that much. Better safe than sorry by rushing into the project.

you're right. The safe is first. Waiting for that meeting.
spring18sonia

Postby Waltonwatcher » Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:53 pm

Do remember the materials they are planning to use in Wellington close are far more superior to those used in Grenfell. The insulation/cladding for Wellington close under extreme heat would only melt if a fire was to break out. They are the highest rated safety parts you can get for cladding.

The alluminium cladding would need heats of 660 degrees before it started to melt. It would not burn as there is no polyethylene core to this cladding like there was at Grenfell. This is one of the reasons why there will be little delay here. Also the design of the cladding and existing building at Wellington close is much different to Grenfell. Especially height wise and the layout of the windows.

Grenfell cladding pretty much led to a wall of fire around the block. Wellington close is only 8-9 storey high. With this high quality cladding and fire breaks it should stop any fire spreading on the outside. Grenfell was in trouble early on as the fire crews could not reach the higher floors. So in this instance the fire crews would hopefully have ample time to put out any fire god forbid one should ever happen.

'n fire tests on aluminium materials, when the
temperature exceeds the melting point, in the
range 600-660°C, the aluminium surface exposed
to the fire can be seen to melt, but it does not burn.
At the end of the fire test, the metal remains as a
resolidified pool.'
http://www.alfed.org.uk/files/Fact%20sh ... d-fire.pdf
Waltonwatcher

Postby Waltonwatcher » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:50 pm

Final thought.

You only have until August 11 to pay for the recladding. After that it goes straight to a debt collection agency. A friend of mine owed £5k last November to a lawyer and didn't pay. Debt collector called - 9 months on and she is going to court this month to stop them declaring her bankrupt, which would mean she would lose ownership of the home she's already paid 75% of the mortgage of. It's either that or pay the debt - which has now gone up to £9k. And worst of all she's had a CCJ issued against her - she was in the process of buying a property and the CCJ meant the mortgage company pulled the offer and no other lender is now prepared to lend, and the purchase has fallen through. Don't be like her!

On the topic of the funds, did you sue your solicitor for not telling you about the bills as advised?
Waltonwatcher

Postby oldie » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:22 pm

There is a recladding meeting on Monday 7th August at the riverside barn at 7;30pm.
You are not a native English person , so you should employ an interpreter and attend this meeting to learn what you must do to preserve your investment.
oldie

Postby spring18sonia » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:00 am

“There is a recladding meeting on Monday 7th August at the riverside barn at 7;30pm.”? why didn't I known that? I think the Trinityestates.company is robbing our money. I has been charged a 150 pounds fine, just cos I didn't paid 70k pounds to them on time. My God, that is 70k pounds, not 7k. one month passed, I'll be charged again. How can I do now? Are there anyone is same like me?
spring18sonia

Postby Waltonwatcher » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:23 pm

My understanding is at least 80% have made a payment. Plus they have at least 75-80% of the monies now. The meeting was widely known about as far
as i can tell. Oldie clearly knew about the meeting. Pretty sure all the residents were written to several times.

8 of these properties are on the market now according to Rightmove. Going from 195k all the way up to 240k. Whoever is trying to get 240k will struggle. There is
no justification for the 45k hike compared to other flats. None of these flats have sold since going on the market. I think many will just want to avoid baliffs and debt collectors. Last flat to be sold according to Rightmove was in May 2017.

I think you also need to read your lease as that will state what fines can be issued for non payment. This is the downside to leasehold flats. You are obliged to pay for works to upkeep buildings. These flats are in dire need of repairs. Anyone buying one of these should of been asking why the price was so cheap. There is no such thing as a free lunch!

If the work does not go ahead eventually residents will have to pay circa £100k+ which is the rebuild cost of these flats. Plus the flats will become pretty much unsellable. Mortgage providers will start refusing mortgages on these flats.

I think these works are the best for all leaseholder. See what happens.
Waltonwatcher

Postby Waltonwatcher » Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:41 am

Looks like some of these flats are now selling or have been taken off the market. One shown as sold in July. It may be it take 1-2 months for Rightmove to show the flats as sold. Last one sold for 200k. Looking at prices you won't get many 2 bedroom flats below 300k in Walton. Albeit with the need to pay 76k on top this makes it harder for mortgages.

So whilst some complain about these works they are in fact adding more value to the properties than the actual works. if the flats could sell for 300-320k after the works that could be a decent profit for many residents. It may also help increase rental income. Especially if the flats don't suffer from damp or cold during the winter months.

The fire report will look really positive too given that the future cladding passed all tests with flying colours. The fears over Grenell for this build were over hyped given how different these flats are to Grenfell and the higher quality cladding being used here. Also the insulation which is also much more fire resistant.
Waltonwatcher

Return to Wellington Close Residents Forum