Unsolicited email relating to flats.

Moderators: moderator, musicalteapot

Waltonwatcher
Veteran Contributor Level 3

Unsolicited email relating to flats.

Post by Waltonwatcher » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:09 pm

Has anyone else had a bizarre email from info@wellingtonclose.co.uk?

I did some research and came up with this? Image

It would appear Neil Callan has set up a domain name using Wellington Close and has further created an email relating to this address.

From what I understand, he and his partner own 10 of these flats. As of yet they have not fully paid for the works. It seems Neil has now spammed all residents with an email and has not even put his name to it. It's not clear how he obtained all these email addresses. I certainly did not give him mine. It would seem he has taken personal details that he might of had as a director and used these for his own personal use.

There are some out there who still seem keen to try and stop this project. (Mostly those that have not paid) The reality is if he could of done better why did he not make changes when he was a director? Why moan about the managing agent company now? He has had years to say something about this. It all just seems a bit late and rather bitter. Most likely because he does not want to pay for the works or maybe can't afford it?

We had years of people claiming they could run this project and make it happen much cheaper. Yet at the same time they never truly came forward with any real evidence to prove otherwise. We had people claiming quoutes of 20-40k. Reality is the residents never saw them. Keegans estimated the works to be way above these figures. The Tribunal accepted the cost of the works to be fair too.

It would seem Mr Callan is unhappy about the roof works and way this has been invoiced. This is a small percentage costs of the works. 4% or
so? The managing company sent a brief report on why these works needed to be done. If we have to have more scaffolding put up around each
block outside of these works it could cost us all hundreds extra in years to come. It makes sense to repair the cladding and roof at the
same time.

I really doubt the Managing agent's main desire to get the works done is because their house overlooks the flats. Also pretty sure it was common
knowledge that 1-2 of the flats don't pay service charge. This was down to the fact the caretaker used to lived there.

As for the claims of the service charge. https://hoa.org.uk/advice/guides-for-ho ... -property/

This site suggests the average service charge is around 1-2k a year. Which fits in with what residents are paying. Half elsewhere? No evidence to back this up. I have friends in other flats paying over £1000 a year.

Over 85% or so of residents have paid now. With most of the rest secured by other means. Hopefully they have all the monies now? Mr Callan had his day at the tribunal and the tribunal gave the go ahead for the works. We now need to see these works happen. People are sick and tired of living in damp flats that don't even have double glazing windows or proper insulation.

One of the downsides to owning a flat is you need to pay for it's upkeep. These flats were built in the 60's. The cladding was not intended to last 50-60 years. Sooner or later it has to be replaced or it will start to fall down. A managing agent has the obligation to ensure these flats are maintained. Mr Callan needs to realise this. He was buying more flats after the works were first announced 10 or so years back. It's not like he didn't know about it? Why complain now?
Waltonwatcher

Re: Unsolicited email relating to flats.

Post by Waltonwatcher » Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:16 pm

Had another emal today from this person. Sent me a copy of the accounts/service charge. Plus another document I could not open. The email suggested a flat in Walton with a garage had a service charge of £825. No mention of where this was. That seems very low to cover everything. Has anyone else been able to open this document? It could be fake?

Still makes no sense to me these emails. Why buy 10 flats and then a few years later claim the service charge is expensive. He would of known the cost of the service charge when he bought the flats. He was a director for many years. Why not make suggestions on how to reduce costs instead of these emails? The service charge has not changed hugely since last year. Some places in London charge £2700+ a year!

The managing company have already suggested they plan to use reserves to make up the shortfall in funds for the work. It make sense to build up a fund if you know you have a 10m project to pay for. I think the only aim of these emails is to undermine those running the project in a vain attempt to try and stop the work. The service charge breakdown is sent to us yearly anyway. Wonder how many more emails will be sent here.