Sky/Virgin

Moderators: moderator, musicalteapot

Walton83
New User
New User

Sky/Virgin

Post by Walton83 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 9:39 am

hello,

I am moving into the middle block at Wellington Close and was wondering if it was possible to get Sky or Virgin in the block?

many thanks in advance!
Al D
Veteran Contributor Level 3
Veteran Contributor Level 3

Re: Sky/Virgin

Post by Al D » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:23 am

Wellington Close has been wired for cable, so you can get Virgin Media. Check with them though if the installation requires drilling to any of the communal parts of the building or external areas of the flat (if the previous occupants had Virgin then you should be OK, if not, you're meant to get permission from the managing agent (GCS Property) before getting it installed).

You cant get Sky at Wellington Close.
Vicki&Andy
New User
New User

Post by Vicki&Andy » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:50 pm

bewear with virgin media you may not get a phone line fitted. we lived in middle block for 6 months and had no landline phone as virgin couldnt fit it. needless to say it was the most expensive 6 months we had re phones
ArtyMe

Post by ArtyMe » Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:47 pm

:D Hiya, Well I'd have to DISAGREE with above comments.
This was my situation..... I have been paying for a phoneline for years....very rarely used for calls, really only for the broadband. When i discovered Virgin would supply me broadband WITHOUT a phoneline i was thrilled! The engineer was quickly round and found an old Cable & Wireless line. He used this. He warned me if he had to drill I couldnt have it but i was lucky. My Virgin was installed and I have had NO complaints. Its very fast with no issues to comment on. Recently in the last month I noticed my usual speed was slightly lower. I called the engineers and he adjusted it which improved the speed.
VIRGIN IS WONDERFUL. It saved me money as I no longer need a landline and its much faster and more reliable than most other broadband suppliers Ive had.
LONG LIVE VIRGIN! (and before you ask no I dont work for them!!) :lol:
Minime

Post by Minime » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:11 am

Have lived here for 4 yrs & have has Sky tv..Depends what side you are facing