Dog mess and animals on site

Moderators: moderator, musicalteapot

unite2
Walton-on-Thames.org Senior Contributor

Dog mess and animals on site

Post by unite2 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:12 am

As I exited the entrance , there in front of me a richard the third alongside the yellow stained grass . What lovely pet owners we have here in Wellington Close .

Once- when I protested to one dog owner , I was told :- How can you stop it , At least my animal waits until it gets outside.
In all fairness , the animal HAD rushed to evacuate immediately upon being released from the exit , but as the dog had probably been cooped up all night , the event was only to be expected. By that time the dog had finished and was pulling at his lead to reach up to me.

I'm not against animals , but I believe it cruel to keep them cooped up, day and night , in flats where there is no access to the open air.

On occasions when calling at flats , one is immediately aware of the animal odour when the door is opened, which is obviously not apparent to the resident.

Theres a clause in our leases which bans pets and I really wish we had someone strong willed enough to enforce it.
NoOne
Location: The Vine, Rubys, The Swan. And generally looking for the guys who hacked the forum....

Re: Dog mess and animals on site

Post by NoOne » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:48 pm

I often see dogs being walked around the small green outside the flats. Shame for ther poor animals really.
ArtyMe

Post by ArtyMe » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:27 am

:x I like dogs, i like cats, i am a general animal lover. But i HATE these owners who never walk their dogs on a long walk as they should, they just wonder about down on the green areas and let thier dogs fowl there. I cannot let my kids play down there as the piles of dog poo get in the way of their enjoyment. Secondly any dog mess on hands/faces/feet is VERY DANGEROUS for children! Very selfish dog owners! I WANT IT TO STOP!
Al D
Veteran Contributor Level 3
Veteran Contributor Level 3

Post by Al D » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:21 pm

ArtyMe

The freeholder of Wellington Close does have the power to refuse people to have animals in their flat, if the animals are causing a nuisance to other residents.

If you know who the dog-owners are, or what flat they live at, who are causing the mess, then notify GCS. They will then either speak to them or their landlords.
mvp

Post by mvp » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:39 am

A badly behaved owner and dog in B block has been reported to GCS.

GCS have sent an urgent message to the landlord of the flat to ask the tenant to act responsibly

Please report any such instances to GCS immediately so action can be taken
MVP
ArtyMe

Post by ArtyMe » Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:18 am

The four dogs i consider to be causing issues are STILL being walked regularly on our grass and fowling. I have complained but not knowing their flat numbers is delaying things. How would i know thier numbers???? i dont wish to know these people and im not following them! HOW!?
ArtyMe

Post by ArtyMe » Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:14 pm

:evil: The dog walking on the grounds issue disappeared for a few months but now two black dogs are often being walked downstairs!! THIS IS SO ANNOYING!! I have complained many times and taken pics to prove it...GCS do nothing at the mo!!! :x
unite2

Post by unite2 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:54 am

Be fair Arty - the problem did stop for some time - OK , so now its restarted - Is it the same dog/dogs ?
You need to provide evidence - Photo's are a good start , then the time that they tend to appear , and -are they messing the area or making a nuisance ? If so , send assembled evidence to CGS and ask 'em to come back telling you which action theyve taken .
unite2

Post by unite2 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:00 pm

PS - Dont forget that CGS have to find out who owns the dogs - If you dont know , then you can imagine how difficult it will be for them.

Another thing to consider , the dogs may be owned by someone renting - If this is the case we are reliant upon the strength of the bond between owner and tenant because CGS can only take action against an owner.
Minime

Post by Minime » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:50 pm

I have taken pictures of the black lab that keeps doing on the lawns & have sent them to gcs..Still doing it..Shame as there are some dogs on the estate that are taken for walks..These few will spoil it for all other pet owners before long..Something needs to be done about the dog mess on the lawns..Signs up saying no exercising of dos on lawns would be a start