Want to buy a flat !

Moderators: moderator, musicalteapot

David Rose
Contributor Level 1
Contributor Level 1

Want to buy a flat !

Post by David Rose » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:33 am

If anyone is interested in selling their Wellington Close flat BEFORE the work is done then please send me a PM - if we do not involve estate agents then you can get more money !!

Can get deal done v quick

David
Technodeb
New User
New User

Re: Want to buy a flat !

Post by Technodeb » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:08 pm

Hi David
Can I understand that you wish to sell your flat at Wellington Close? I live in central Walton and am looking to stay in the area. However, property prices are too high with most flats that I have looked at. I like the Wellington Close location as it is one that I am familiar with. I have been keeping an eye on the selling prices and the cladding project, which I understand will cost each resident in the region of £40,000. Going on current selling prices I can accommodate this into my budget. If you are interested please give me a call....
Debra 07989092752
David Rose
Contributor Level 1
Contributor Level 1

Post by David Rose » Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:44 pm

Sorry Debra - I was looking to buy. I also have £40K set aside so could budget for the cladding.

In the end I have decided not to move to Wellington Close - there is too much demand and too little supply.

i'll send you a PM.
mrmanunited2

Post by mrmanunited2 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:04 am

Great to see that prices look like they're going up! £195k!!
http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/32606761
dsbigvern
New User
New User

Post by dsbigvern » Thu May 01, 2014 4:07 pm

Is anyone having trouble raising the money for
The cladding?
Anyone got any solutions if there is not enough equity
Available?
Dave
mvp
Walton-on-Thames.org Senior Contributor
Walton-on-Thames.org Senior Contributor

Post by mvp » Fri May 02, 2014 10:38 am

Dave

As the cladding will be adding to the value of the property, are you sure your lender won't let you have the money?

It would be wise if the lender paid the bill directly - they would then have security of the increased value
MVP
Al D
Veteran Contributor Level 3
Veteran Contributor Level 3

Post by Al D » Fri May 02, 2014 1:07 pm

I would have said the lender should be the first port of call too - they will have a vested interest in the project being done as quickly and as cheaply as possible so there's a good chance they'll lend the money.

You can also get loans for up to £25K from other lenders for as little as 4.5% http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/loans/ ... onal-loans and there could be the option of equity release http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/p ... ty-release

The most important thing is to act now.

The tenders will be in in July and will only be binding for six months. GCS will formally ask for the money on September 1, giving until October 1 to pay. That means if leaseholders haven't paid by October 2 there will only be a small window of opportunity to pay the outstanding amount and for the contractor to still start work on time (which risks further delays and more price rises). Therefore GCS will be issuing legal proceedings very shortly after October 1 to ensure that doesn't happen (while no-one wants more price rises the even bigger issue is potential delays - the buildings are in a terrible state and the cost of temporary maintenance when, for example, bits of the existing cladding fall off the towers, which has happened twice in the last 18 months, is now starting to soar).

There'll be a leaseholders meeting on Tuesday at 8pm in the Manor Road Day Centre that will explain more about this if you're available. It'll also reveal the latest on what the surveyor thinks the final cost per flat will be - I know an energy grant has been pursued but the prices have risen considerably since the last quote in 2008.. VAT and cost of materials have gone up while the 2008 quote didn't include the cost of replacing the roofs. (I'm budgeting for at least £35K).
dsbigvern
New User
New User

Post by dsbigvern » Fri May 02, 2014 9:07 pm

I reckon I might sell my flat as I can't guarantee
To get the money in time
It a spur block flat in B block larger middle ground
Floor. Anyone interested please call or email me
Kar-keys@ntlworld.com