Un taxed cars taking up spaces

Moderators: moderator, musicalteapot

Minime

Un taxed cars taking up spaces

Post by Minime » Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:14 am

Has anybody got any idea when the 2 cars in B block car park with out tax will be removed..I am having to park behind Waitrose as the parking is getting harder & harder in Wellington Close..The rules in the lobby on the boards say no un-taxed cars to be left in the car park
Al D
Veteran Contributor Level 3
Veteran Contributor Level 3

Re: Un taxed cars taking up spaces

Post by Al D » Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:15 am

They should be removed soon and I'll chase up with GCS.

Annoyingly, even with abandoned / untaxed cars, there's certain procedures you have to follow before you can remove them, including length of notice. We sometimes bear the cost of removal as well.
Minime

Post by Minime » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:45 am

Thankyou for your reply Al d..I have spoken to someone & they have said that as the cars are registered to this address they will not move the cars..The rules clearly state that un taxed cars are not to be left on the estate..These parking spaces are needed..I can not see why these rules of Wellington Close can be over run by some people ?
unite2
Walton-on-Thames.org Senior Contributor
Walton-on-Thames.org Senior Contributor

Post by unite2 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:47 pm

A long time ago, the previous administration removed an untaxed car from under the block at a somewhat high removal cost. -Nobody had known who the owner was and he subsequently denied there was any attempt to contact him through sticking removal labels onto his car , which he claimed he was " doing up". . The owner subsequently claimed recompence - and got it.!!--- Since then, removal of apparently abandoned cars has very carefully followed best legal practise. -- although if someone wheeled the cars out onto the main road , the council will have powers to remove it quickly AND charge the last owner for the privilege. Unfortunately the administration could not deal with the matter in this way. Time and legal process has to take place.