Plumber

Moderators: moderator, musicalteapot

sancho panchez

Plumber

Post by sancho panchez » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:57 am

I have been trying to get hold of a plumber and was given a name of someone who lives in Welly Close by a neighbour. unfortunately he hasn't returned my calls. I have also contacted GCS and they gave me details of someone, but not sure if they will understand the vagaries of the plumbing at the flats. If anyone can recommend someone who understands the eccentric plumbing I would be very grateful.
Many thanks
abell080

Re: Plumber

Post by abell080 » Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:00 pm

KBB Interiors on 07950 130421
unite2
Walton-on-Thames.org Senior Contributor

Post by unite2 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 10:17 am

If you go downstairs to the front lobby , the notice board has a," list of useful numbers", amongst which are 4 or 5 plumbers who've been given thumbs up by people who've used em.
BTW whats so peculiar about your plumbing ?
sancho panchez

Post by sancho panchez » Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:00 pm

Thanks for the info, I have had two plumbers in the past who couldn't work out what was wrong. Eventually I managed to get hold of David....forgotten his surname, he fixed it because he was conversant with Welly Close. Unfortunately he has now retired. My water pressure is almost non existent.
unite2

Post by unite2 » Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:02 pm

If you live in one of the towers , your mains water supply comes from within the cupboard to the left side of the lift , or from the little access hole half a landing down the stairwell .

I only know about the mains taps in the cupboard to the left of the lift , which is where there is often a problem. In that cupboard theres two sets of water cocks. The left one controls the supply to the RIGHT sided flat and the right tap the flat on the LEFT.

Plumbers often go in and turn off the wrong tap to start with , then when they find out theyve not turned off , they go back and shut down the other one. When their work is finished , they often go away leaving the other stopcock turned off, or maybe only turned on halfway, resulting in low pressure supply.
Get the key to that cupboard from the caretaker and turn your stopcock anticlockwise for maximum pressure .
If that doesnt work , youve got air trapped in your pipes and need an intelligent plumber. Good luck.
sancho panchez

Post by sancho panchez » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:19 pm

Thanks for the info folks, have found a plumber who seems to know what he's talking about.

Many thanks