Local roads

Local Events, Planning, Commnunity discussions relating to Walton-on-Thames and the surrounding area

Moderator: moderator

Re: Local roads

Postby musicalteapot » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:43 pm

Maybe after that they'll deal with the huge pot-holes on Terrace Road, the massive hole on Hurst Road just after the BP roundabout, the cratered road at the junction of cottimore and ambleside, the terrible craters, road surface and channel of death on Stuart Avenue and the massively dangerous pot holes that have opened up on Ashley Road and Ashley Park Road. Then there's the collapsing speed bumps on Sidney Road and the start of Vanbrugh Drive... etc etc

Anyone from the Council want to come on a Cycle Tour with me? Guided Tour: The pot-holes of Walton on Thames (bring your own off-road bike!).
musicalteapot
Walton-on-Thames.org Senior Contributor
Walton-on-Thames.org Senior Contributor

Postby Christine E » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:41 pm

Thanks, everyone seems very well informed, I've been in meetings and hadn't seen the update, it would be good if it is next week.

The reply I got at 15.09 this afternoon from Cllr John Furey confirmed that '18th April is the provisional start date for the resurfacing of Sir Richard's bridge'.

It seems Cllr Furey is as well informed as I am :oops:

I have sent him a link to the page on the SCC website. I can only assume by the time he wrote his email it had changed.

Regards all the other potholes please do keep reporting them on the SCC website.
Christine E
Community Representative
Community Representative

Postby Waltonwatcher » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:23 am

That Roadworks map shows Ashley Road for the road closure. Are they resurfacing Ashley Road and not the bridge on those dates?? Not sure if that covers the bridge. Fact the bridge now has warning signs about the surface suggests refurfacing could happen soon. April 18th would be a nice date for that. The weekly bulletins on that site are very useful. I could find no mention of the date for 18th of April on that site albeit it was updated on 14/03/2017. Who knows where the councillor gets his updates from.

I do report the big potholes I find. I think others take view that the work is so shoddy the holes just reappear. I have reported Haines Bridges 1-2 times already this year. It is literally like patchwork in the middle of the bridge. I think they merely filled in some of the most offending holes. Problem is the whole network of roads is littered with potholes that keep reappearing. It's hard to report every single hole.

I thought they were due to resurface Queens Road soon but the gas and Water companies are currently replacing age old pipes in that area. With some work scheduled on Oatlands Drive? I see they are planning to do the pavements here. See what happens.
Waltonwatcher
Contributor Level 3
Contributor Level 3

Postby Kernowshep » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:39 pm

They are patching Sir Richard's bridge at the moment.
Kernowshep
Contributor Level 1
Contributor Level 1

Postby Waltonwatcher » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:30 pm

Drove over bridge tonight. Still patchwork over most of the bridge. In the dark it was hard to work out exactly what they had done. Still has the bumpy road signs. Maybe they just levelled road a bit before resurfacing?

We were given 18th date so wait and see.
Waltonwatcher
Contributor Level 3
Contributor Level 3

Postby Kernowshep » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:25 pm

Went over it again today and they patched about 6 small sections, the rest is still awful!
Kernowshep
Contributor Level 1
Contributor Level 1

Previous

Return to Local discussion