Planning application to clad Wellington Close

Local Events, Planning, Commnunity discussions relating to Walton-on-Thames and the surrounding area

Moderators: moderator, musicalteapot

Re: Planning application to clad Wellington Close

Postby Waltonwatcher » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:20 am

They are using automated bots. It needs a mod or someone who setup the forum to change the forum settings. Unfortunately that person is awol. Unless you can magically make him return what do you suggest?
Waltonwatcher
Veteran Contributor Level 2

Postby John at Walton » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:37 am

cumbrian lass wrote:This whole forum has become pointless. :(

Only becomes pointless waltonwatcher (and other orgers) if you let the beggers take over xxx

Agreed!
John at Walton
Veteran Contributor Level 3
Veteran Contributor Level 3

Postby cumbrian lass » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:02 am

Waltonwatcher wrote:They are using automated bots. It needs a mod or someone who setup the forum to change the forum settings. Unfortunately that person is awol. Unless you can magically make him return what do you suggest?

Post around them - ignore them as if they didn't exist. I love this org and it's many traits.it would be a real shame if we let them drive us away.
cumbrian lass

Postby Davros » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:08 pm

Any good/bad news following the meeting at the Riverside Barn on 7th?

Was it open to the public, I'd have liked to have gone if we hadn't been away.
Davros
Walton-on-Thames.org Senior Contributor

Postby Waltonwatcher » Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:46 pm

The meeting was mainly about reassuring residents about the work. Still some misconceptions going around. E.g Fire brigade can only reach 4th floor. Walls will have to come down. All not true and the fire brigade can reach all floors. Many are naturally nervous about such a large project. The meeting was only meant for residents or flat owners.

I am still pretty confident the work will go ahead if the monies are raised. Hopefully if people are struggling they will contact the board/managing agent to let them know. I don't think anyone wants to see people chased by debt collection agencies. Some may even welcome some financial advice.

I note about 7 of these flats are currently up for sale. Great opportunity for someone looking to invest in a property if they have circa 280-290k. The top floors have amazing views.The materials being used for these works are of the highest cladding and insulation quality. 2 bed flats in Walton town centre go way above 300k in the Heart.
Waltonwatcher

Postby Waltonwatcher » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:49 pm

Looks like this project may well happen now. I am informed they have collected over 70% of the monies now. With monies expecting to reach 75% by end of the week. So the majority of the flats have come up with the monies. Considering the sums involved here that is pretty impressive. Also considering some of the objections to this project. Especially with Grenfell.

It looks like legal proceedings will start this week against people who have not contacted the managing agent Trinity Estates. If you have not paid and intend to pay you really need to contact trinity asap. Even if you intend to sell the flat. I would not want debt collectors on my door step.

I don't think they need to obtain the full 100% before the works start. The contractor may well take a view that the final monies will be available before the end of the works. Hopefully have some more news in next 1-2 months.

A new horizon for Walton coming to a town in retail shut down.
Waltonwatcher

Postby Waltonwatcher » Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:17 pm

Apparently 80% of leaseholders have now paid. Solicitors involved now to recover the final monies.
Waltonwatcher

Postby Davros » Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:59 am

So another two months down the line... Soon be Christmas :wink:
Davros

Postby Waltonwatcher » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:21 am

I doubt anything will happen before Christmas. Be a few more months before there is any real news. Hopefully work will start some time in 2018 all being well.
Waltonwatcher

Previous

Return to Local discussion