Rats in car park

Local Events, Planning, Commnunity discussions relating to Walton-on-Thames and the surrounding area

Moderators: moderator, musicalteapot

Rats in car park

Postby Benbow » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:32 pm

While waiting for somebody in Homebase car park I watched 3 large rats running around. I wonder how people would have reacted if they knew they were walking within 5ft of them
Benbow

Re: Rats in car park

Postby Rooster555 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:25 pm

If you look carefully at night there are rats running alongside Sainsbuiry's ( there are rat boxes there) across to the restaurant areas where food is often dropped.

Rats have been a problem in the Ashley Park and surrounding area for many years so nothing unusual really. :(
Rooster555

Postby John at Walton » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:08 pm

This is another environmental health issue!

Will the Council pay or J.Sainsburys/Homebase to clear the RATS??
Will a PSPO be required to move them from the centre? (to make them someone else's problem!)

http://www.elmbridge.gov.uk/EasySiteWeb ... ?alId=1355

3 visits required at £120 (plus additional £30 for checking) = £390 to clear the vermin

(Or will they hire Pied Piper!)
John at Walton
Veteran Contributor Level 3
Veteran Contributor Level 3

Postby Waltonwatcher » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:10 pm

Hard to get rid of rats completely. Many poisons no longer work. They breed rapidly. They say you are never more than 6ft away from a rat.

I really doubt either firm will do anything unless you can prove there are rats in the supermarket or store itself? I doubt Homebase aka Bunning serve any food. You could email Sainsburys suggesting this? Have you seen any droppings in the store?

With so many restaurants in the area not suprised these rats are scavenging for food.
Waltonwatcher
Veteran Contributor Level 2
Veteran Contributor Level 2

Postby lynnep54 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:09 pm

They don't worry me, I often see them down the river, they are fascinating creatures.
lynnep54
New User
New User

Return to Local discussion