Public Spaces Protection Order - Walton on Thames

Local Events, Planning, Commnunity discussions relating to Walton-on-Thames and the surrounding area

Moderators: moderator, musicalteapot

stevemc
Veteran Contributor Level 2
Veteran Contributor Level 2

Re: Public Spaces Protection Order - Walton on Thames

Post by stevemc » Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:31 am

Nothing at all to do with the right of assembly, absolute tosh.

A PSPO is all about behaviour in the specified place and not merely presence. Even then, it only becomes an offence if the behaviour continues after being required to stop it.

The thing about ‘rights’ is that we all have them. One person or group asserting their ‘rights’ may well impact on other people’s ‘rights not to have to put up with them doing so.
Lewy
Veteran Contributor Level 3

Post by Lewy » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:32 pm

tricky_dicky
Contributor Level 1
Contributor Level 1

Post by tricky_dicky » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:55 pm

Excellent
Davros
Walton-on-Thames.org Senior Contributor

Post by Davros » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:35 pm

Let the hand wringing begin.

Great news
Waltonwatcher

Post by Waltonwatcher » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:30 pm

Can't be bad news. Lots of criminal and unsocial behaviour around Walton. It's worrying the number of crimes involving cash machines at petrol garages or local shops. Cracking down on drink and drugs will really help.

Yes people have rights. This will only really target those causing issues. It's about reassuring local communities. It's the local community at the meeting that wanted this to go ahead! The voice of the people is what matters.

Democracy lives on!
John at Walton

Post by John at Walton » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:23 pm

Are extra police now required to patrol Walton Centre?
Why does this PSPO not extend to the Walton Public houses by the river!

This PSPO does not cover any petrol garages as requested by Waltonwatcher - you might want to request this PSPO be extended!
Jonblue

Post by Jonblue » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:23 am

News of the splendid Bayeux Tapestry coming to the UK reminded me of a visit to Normandy a few years ago to view same but it was a tour of all the war graves that left the biggest impression. All these brave young men and women who gave up their lives so we could enjoy our freedom in this marvellous or perhaps in 2018 not so marvellous country. Reading about the increase in mindless local crime quite depresses me especially when it is likely many of these trouble makers possibly want for nothing (compared to the war years). Perhaps it's a combination of broken homes, a lack of discipline and moral guidance, the crass cult of celebrity worship, this secular age we live in and last but not least the rampant use of drugs. I guess I am naïve but I was shocked to learn that drug usage is seemingly common by youngsters in affluent Walton - even from 'decen't' homes!

It worries me to learn that Derbyshire, Dorset and SURREY police forces are said to be willing to turn a blind eye to those who grow cannabis, a Class B drug, for personal use – in order to focus on more serious crime. The move follows a similar one by the Durham Constabulary, which announced it would only pursue people growing the drug if there was a specific complaint or their use was blatant. While the government has not officially decriminalized the drug, forces appear to be becoming increasingly relaxed about its use and more inclined to warn offenders than charge them.

There are drug pushers in Walton selling this filth and probably other worse substances to our young people. Weed can affects teenagers' brains which are still growing resulting in mental illness and often leading to use of other foul substances. I urge anyone who knows who these wretched people are to report them to the police without any qualms before it destroys more young lives and families.

I wonder what all those marvellous young people who sacrificed their lives for their country would think of us now. Drug usage would appear to be rife in Walton and largely accepted by society. God help us!
Waltonwatcher

Post by Waltonwatcher » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:57 pm

John at Walton wrote:Are extra police now required to patrol Walton Centre?
Why does this PSPO not extend to the Walton Public houses by the river!

This PSPO does not cover any petrol garages as requested by Waltonwatcher - you might want to request this PSPO be extended!
I did not request they monitor petrol garages. I merely pointed out how criminals are targeting cash machines in shops and petrol garages. Long term many of these free cash machines will vanish anyway as cash becomes less used. It will only cover areas covered on the map. The nearest petrol garage is the Halfway or across the river.