Elmbridge Sports Hub

Local Events, Planning, Commnunity discussions relating to Walton-on-Thames and the surrounding area

Moderators: moderator, musicalteapot

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Elmbridge Sports Hub

Post by webmaster » Tue May 08, 2018 4:59 pm

The Elmbridge Sports Hub has been up and running for quite a while now. I have personally watched some matches there and my wife has played football on the main pitch. What are your thoughts on the facility and what could be improved?
aka
New User
New User

Re: Elmbridge Sports Hub

Post by aka » Wed May 09, 2018 10:01 am

My son plays with WC so we are at the hub for training / games several times a week.

Without doubt it's a fabulous facility, however there have been some missed opportunities and some minor gripes that could easily be fixed.

Already addressed.
Burger van has to run from a generator. Thankfully they can now plug into the hub's electricity supply.
No draft beer in the bar. At least you can get draft larger at events now, probably not great for real ale fans though.

Minor
The dugouts are on the wrong side of the reserve pitch. The managers / subs should be on the opposite side from the spectators. In winter subs were getting wet/cold in the snow....
Wider range of snacks could be made available at the bar - Panini's etc.
Not a fan of having the 5-a-side goals on the pitch whilst 11-aside games are in progress.

This may be contentious, but if the club continues to grow an additional 3-G warm-up pitch (possibly 9-aside size), would allow twice the number of games to be played on the main / reserve pitch as teams could warm up whilst another game is in progress.

AKA.
webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by webmaster » Wed May 09, 2018 4:24 pm

Great feedback. I was depressed that no beer was allowed to be taken to my seat. Minor gripe, but agree it’s a brilliant facility.
musicalteapot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by musicalteapot » Thu May 10, 2018 11:14 am

I wonder when they are actually going to finish it though?
The play area and walk are still closed off even though it has been officially opened.
falkor
Veteran Contributor Level 3
Veteran Contributor Level 3

Post by falkor » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:29 am

well looks impressive http://www.elmbridge.gov.uk/sports-and- ... ports-hub/ but we didn't we have all this when the first Leisure Centre was built anyway? play area, walk, football matches

Burger Van? so the building has nothing to offer in the way of burgers?

this venture sounds extremely good for our community. our youth needs motivation to be involved in sport for sure
musicalteapot
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by musicalteapot » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:18 pm

Christine (if you are still reading the forum)

Do you know if the Council are ever going to complete the Sports Hub? The Children's Play area and dog walking track are conspicuous in their absence.

MT