Looking for our Auntie Joan

Looking for someone or think that you may be able to help? Please visit the people search section of this forum.

Moderators: moderator, musicalteapot

Christine E
Community Representative
Community Representative

Looking for our Auntie Joan

Post by Christine E » Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:53 pm

This is a really long shot, and don't think will bring up any clues, but is worth a go.

My Brother, Sister and I have very recently discovered our long lost cousin on our Father's side, to be honest she discovered us. It was only because I'm a Cllr, she saw an article I'd written for the Surrey Herald Christmas before last, about being homeless. She saw it on the Internet (it has since disappeared as the Herald and Advertiser amalgamated) but it was enough for her find me, via our Surgery at Walton Library and then by calling me direct. Her name is Pamela Mundy.

Pamela has lost touch with her Mother (our Aunt). The last time any of us saw of her was in the late 1960s. We know she is still alive as my Cousin has checked all the archives of deaths etc. My Aunt's name was Joan Bryant, she would be over 90 now, probably 92, she lived for a long time in Surbiton. She may also be called Joan Mundy, or Joan Avery. There is no middle inital. We are going through all the Joan Avery's under the 192 service. She worked at some time for the Surrey Comet.
sewell01
Walton-on-Thames.org Senior Contributor
Walton-on-Thames.org Senior Contributor

Re: Looking for our Auntie Joan

Post by sewell01 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:04 pm

A couple of Joan Bryants living in Esher Christine. Are there likely to be other people in the house with her - family or otherwise ?
Christine E
Community Representative
Community Representative

Re: Looking for our Auntie Joan

Post by Christine E » Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:08 pm

We know nothing, literally nothing. I heard from my Cousin at the weekend and she's going through the 192s again, apparently you can ask for just over 65 years old which is a help. We have tried one lead, and that turned out not to be the person we're looking. She's going to go back through the Registers again too.