Enthusiastic? Adventurous? Want a challenge?

Looking for someone or think that you may be able to help? Please visit the people search section of this forum.

Moderators: moderator, musicalteapot

WandWscouts
New User
New User

Enthusiastic? Adventurous? Want a challenge?

Post by WandWscouts » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:27 am

Walton and Weybridge District Scouts are looking for someone who likes a challenge and adventure! We are looking for a District Scout Network Leader to play a key role in the set up and running of a new section in Walton and Weybridge District (covering Walton, Weybridge, Hersham and Oatlands).

The Scout Network is for all 18 to 25 year olds in Scouting (the leader can be anyone from 18 or over, there is no upper limit). Some members are leaders with groups in the district and for others this is their only involvement with Scouting. We have not had our own Scout Network unit in the district before and we are looking for someone to take the lead in setting one up, recruiting and running a successful programme.

The Network is what you make it. Designed to keep those involved who have moved out of the area or into the area for university, work etc, the idea of the Network is to be flexible. You don't have to meet every week (of course you can if you want to). If nothing else, it's a perfect opportunity to be a big kid and get involved in countless different activities from Abseiling to Zorbing!

Members of the unit will also have the opportunity to work towards awards such as the Gold DofE and The Queens Scout Award.

If you think you may be interested in this role, you can visit www.waltonandweybridge.org.uk or www.scouts.org.uk for more information. Alternatively contact us by email - join@waltonandweybridge.org.uk
sewell01
Walton-on-Thames.org Senior Contributor

Re: Enthusiastic? Adventurous? Want a challenge?

Post by sewell01 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:49 am

Just out of interest, I work with the local army cadets.
I know a few people suited to this job.
Can I just ask if it's paid or voluntary, as I'm bound to be asked !
WandWscouts
New User
New User

Post by WandWscouts » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:02 pm

It's voluntary. All leader roles in Scouting are voluntary :-)
sewell01

Post by sewell01 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:37 pm

WandWscouts wrote:It's voluntary. All leader roles in Scouting are voluntary :-)
OK, I'll ask about !